There is a big difference among the main social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In and the updates given thru each of them.
- Facebook updates tend to have a shelf-life of a few hours.
- Twitter updates last only as fast as the stream flies by, less than an hour.
- LinkedIn updates last a little longer than Facebook, and of course the types of updates vary. What works on Twitter doesn’t always work on LinkedIn unless they are only business related posts.
Since updates have varying shelf-lives, the amount of posts and tweets will also vary:
- With Facebook, you will want to post only 3 to 4 a day at different times.
- With Twitter, you can post probably 10 a day at different times and nobody would be annoyed, so long as it isn’t the same post which will be spammy.
- LinkedIn is all about business topics and you can post once or twice daily and still have your bases covered without going on overload.